Hi there! Got a question in a comment last night if I am alright, because I haven't posted anything for months. So I just wanted to tell you that I am :) I just haven't been very active online this year because I'm at school for several hours a day and don't feel like doing much when I get home. I'm taking math & physics, which is really really hard and takes a lot more effort than anything I've ever done, so naturally I don't have anything to post about... To be honest I haven't tatted anything since the beginning of January (I think), which is a bit sad. I tend to do everything in periods, and right now I'm knitting. Hadn't really knitted for a couple of years, so it's been fun rediscovering it :) Nothing is finished yet, so I have nothing to show you... I have also learned to use my sewing machine, which was a new year's resolution I made. I started a small quilt, but I only finished a handbag for my mother for her birthday:
She wanted a bag to put her choir notes in, and requested that there was musical notes on it. Couldn't find fabric with notes on, so I appliqued some on, cut from an old t-shirt. I'm pretty pleased with the result, for not having sewn anything useful before, and my mother loved it :) I had planned to put some tatted bling on the bag, but in the end I ran out of time :/ I only finished putting the handles on twenty minutes before my mother arrived! Perhaps I'll make her some bling for Christmas instead :)
Anyway, that's a few reasons why I've been so quiet lately. I did a count of how many items I'm up to in the 25 motif challenge, and I think I'm at 19. 18 if you don't count the cluny attempts. So I have a few more to go, and perhaps it will motivate me to pick up my tatting again :) Right now most of my supplies are buried underneath a pile of yarn so big I haven't dared to look through it... If I tip the pile over it will completely take over our livingroom! (Alright, so our livingroom is very small, but still...)
Since I have nothing new to show, I'll post a picture of my almost finished snail from Inga Madsen's Tatted Animals:
I turned the shell around, because it spiraled the wrong way. Just need to make the antennae and the last few rings & chains on the shell! Don't remember what the yellow thread is called, but the shell color is Lizbeth (not sure, but I think it's Razzle Dazzle).
Well, that will have to do for now. If I go all quiet again, at least you know why :)


Your bag looks very nice :)
ReplyDelete"Life" gets in the way of my crafting goals a lot! Your school is most important right now - good luck with physics! I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that :\
Keep studying! We'll be here when you have time to tat again. I love the bag you made for your mom. She must be quite proud of you! The snail is adorable! I really like the colors you chose!
ReplyDeleteLove the bag you made!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCute snail!
well it is certainly good to see you back. Seems like we all need a break from time to time to get those creative juices flowing again!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your blog. Your work is lovely.
As claimed by Stanford Medical, It's really the one and ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh an average of 42 pounds less than us.
ReplyDelete(And actually, it is not about genetics or some secret diet and really, EVERYTHING to do with "HOW" they are eating.)
BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...
Click on this link to discover if this little questionnaire can help you decipher your true weight loss possibilities