Tuesday, September 21, 2010

25 Motif Challenge

I'm in! Sounds like I've joined a pretty exclusive club or something :) But as I understand it, anyone can join in the fun, as long as it's not to promote yourself as a seller (read it in a post a few days back, you'll find it on the blog). It's all about having fun with your tatting and challenging yourself to get better and maybe try new things. Plus it's inspiring to see what others have done.

It seems I already have my first entry in the challenge! I commented on a random post a few days ago and asked how I could sign up, and this morning I found that my bookmarks have been featured in this post. Thanks :) Now I have to decide what my next motif will be... A bookmark or snowflake? A leaf or a tree? Or maybe a small doily/coaster thingy, or.. or.. So many things I want to make! But I also need to have a life sometimes. You know, spend time with my boyfriend, do my homework, eat something... You get the idea :) 

I'm not entirely sure if I'm supposed to make 25 motifs during a whole year (starting now), or if I am to make all of them by the end of December... But, knowing me, I'll probably be done by December anyway since I have both Christmas presents and ornaments to make. I can see a lot of snowflakes and bookmarks in my future :)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome! We look forward to see more of your work. You can use the 25 motif challenge as an inspiration for your next piece of art. I find this blog very inspiring and really challenging.
    As far as I know, the 25 motifs must be done in 12 months, not before December. Otherwise: I must rush too... Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just found your blog. Don't worry you have 12 months to finish your motifs.

    I've enjoyed looking through your posts and your tatting has come along so quickly and is looking pretty professional in a very short time. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 25 Motif Challenge! I've done it two or three times. It's a great way to stay inspired! Yes, you have 12 months to complete the challenge, and no one really keeps track. It's a way for you to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it's good to know I have a whole year to do my 25 motifs :) I'm enjoying this challenge very much, it's so great to see what everyone is making!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with ThumbnailsLinkWithin