Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tatting to go

I went by the book store to get a new notebook today, and look what else I found! (Sorry about the quality of the pictures - I just used my poor old phone bacause I don't transfer pics from my camera unless I have at least 30 photos to upload, and I just emptied it yesterday...)


A pretty ordinary pencil case, you may think, made of black nylon canvas and (fake?) brown leather. But wait... These are not pencils!


Just look at all the stuff I can get in it!


Three balls of Lizbeth, a bigger ball of some other thread, and eleven shuttles of various shapes and sizes :) Now I can bring my tatting around easily, including WiPs that are attached to a ball, and I don't have to worry too much about squashing or breaking anything. I chose this because of the shape (wider at the bottom) and the fabric, plus it will be even sturdier if I don't remove the piece of cardboard that came with it. Now I am one happy tatter and ready to tat anywhere :)

I bought this for two reasons: one, I have seen some pretty tatting bags out there, and I've wanted one for a good while but can't really afford one; two, my precious tatting box is showing some signs of wear and tear on the lid, and I don't want to ruin it, so I've decided to leave it at home. Unless of course I'm going on a longer holiday - then I would have to bring my entire stash! Here's my dear tatting box, in case you haven't seen it before:


I love that little goblin so much, he's such a cutie :)

4 comments:

  1. Do you have the book :
    "Tat's Where I Stopped, A Year of Tatted Bookmarks"? They have a tatted jack-o-lantern bookmark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, one of the 'must haves' for a tatter is new containers to put it in!!!! That looks very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing how we can identify tatting-related uses for everyday objects? Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy: I don't have the book, but I've seen it around, and it's on my wish list! Will keep looking around for halloween tatting patterns :)

    Jane & Diane: Oh, yes, I love my new tatting "bag", it is very practical. Of course, the accessorizing never stops for the crafty people :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with ThumbnailsLinkWithin